Sunday 17 February 2008

Scribblers notes cont.

Cool, great idea!

OK, here goes:

Finesse: Unofficial second in command - instinctively takes command if Chronal isn't there, and the others accept and expect this.  Witty, observant, quick thinking.  Probably has concealed issues about her super-power, which is a partial reflection of her appreciation of her friends - she's much better at using their powers than anyone else's, so when they're not around she feels it.

SHIFT: I think a sense of calm should be relevant to her.  She can fight, and has the potential for anger etc. but close to her nature is inner peace.  Yeah, and she probably loves trivia.

We're a group of mates, so I think it's worth making sure we keep up making it clear that these guys really get on.  That's definitely already in there, just thought I'd mention it's good!

NARRATOR: Yeah, I was WELL proud of that one!  It's really cool you've made him an unimaginative loser, too.  It means we can have fun with him being an idiot, and if we get bored but want to keep the character we can always make him cool and dangerous.

I think The Pit should look like a Centre Parcs Villa with more rooms and secret passageways etc. added - cool to have a basic structure we all know and love!

OK, I'll get cracking on Issue the Third!  :-)

4 comments:

Quoth the Raven said...

The Pit also needs a secret passageway from under the drawing room floor to the Trans-Jet cave.

And by drawing room, I mean the room in which Lyric and Wraith sit around and Do Drawing.

Also, another quick bio: Geoffrey: random scientist guy who Kayleigh knows but who came from nowhere and went back to nowhere (because I can't write for toffee.) Gets In The Way.

Blossom said...

I forgot to check the comments section! Well, I've added a new issue. I left Kayleigh to deal with the hapless Geoffrey for the week. He is rubbish, but plots need people like him, especially as none of us is willing to become the rubbish superhero who causes trouble and gets captured all the time!

Right, I really must start re-drafting my play now - it's been weeks!

BTW: With you all the way on the Pit layout - who wouldn't be?! :-)

Quoth the Raven said...

Yeah, I'm generally going to use Kayleigh as a bit of a 'guest character' - she'll turn up whenever we need scientific help, since we're all rubbish arty types who don't understand things like electrons. I'm going to try and do another two-parter soon, since they're pretty fun. Now I just need inspiration...

Blossom said...

Excellent, I'm looking forward to reading it!

Yes, i think Kayleigh as a guest character is a good idea - we can't put everyone we know in the Scribblers, but it seems a waste to make up characters instead of writing in our friends.

Incidentally, I ahve now finally finished replying to all the comments, and reading all the posts, and making comments on them, that ahve turned up since last night. it's taken an hour and a half. I REALLY need to do some work now... :-)